Formal Letter of Self-introduction


To: Mr. Brad Franklin Blackstone
Lecturer
Singapore Institute of Technology
SIT@Dover
10 Dover Drive
Singapore 138682

Subject: Formal Letter of Self-introduction

Dear Mr Blackstone,

I am writing this formal letter to introduce myself to you. My name is Kelvert Foo, currently undertaking a degree in Singapore Institute of Technology(SIT). Previously, I obtain my diploma, Electronic and Computer Engineering (ECE) at Ngee Ann polytechnic (NP) in the year 2012. I was working in the navy as a sailor and decided to leave to further my studies. I was always wondering about unman equipment when I was in the navy and came upon the course telematics.

One of the modules in telematics is technical communication which I will foresee giving me a problem. I am very weak in my languages skill, both English and my mother tongue. Due to being weak in my languages, my communication skill is poor as well. I have problem bringing what I wanted to say across peoples. However, I did improve slightly compared to the times when I am in NP. I still have problem with presentation but I have more confidence now.

My goal after this module is to be able bring my point across better and clearer. I do not want to have someone asking me to repeat myself countless times. My writing skill also need to improve, and to be able to write decently.

To conclude, I wish to grow more and improve myself and will take every task or assignment seriously. I will also improve my English step by step and will gladly learn from you, Mr Blackstone. I hope to have a fun and exciting lesson together with you.

Best Regards,
Kelvert Foo
TLM1010

Edited: 02/10/2017



Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yong sheng,
      You seems to have address your comment to the wrong person. Anyway, thanks for your reply and of it is for me. I am glad I am able to relay it to you.
      Regards,
      Kelvert Foo

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelvert,

    PS: Should have did a double check after refreshing the page, thank you for your understanding.
    Personally, I find that you have a unique writing style, your introduction's brief and clear at the same time. On the overall your content're well organize, this enables the reader to comprehend the content with ease.

    Kind Regards,
    Yong Sheng

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kelvert,

    Your letter highlights many interesting aspects of both your educational background and your struggles to convey your messages across to others. But I truly believe that with enough effort and patience, you can improve your communication and writing skills.

    I would strongly advice you, as of now, to make use of online grammar checking tools to aid you in your report writings. You are welcome to approach me if you require assistance in your writing.

    Best regards,
    Keith Chong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Keith,

      Thanks for your feedback. I will seek your help if I am in doubt of having some issue with my writing. Will be taking your advice at heart. Seeing you soon.

      Warm regards,
      Kelvert Foo

      Delete
  6. Dear Kelvert,

    Thank you for this brief self intro. You cover the key assigned topic areas, and you provide examples in your short discussion of a communication strength and weakness, though these are not always clear due to some problematic language use. You do tie the points to your goals, albeit broadly.

    As for language use, here are a couple issues for your close consideration:

    1) at the year 2012. >>> (phrasing) ?
    2) I was working the Navy as a sailor .... >>> (phrasing/overuse of cap) ?
    3) decide to leave >>> (verb tense) ?
    4) I always wondering about unman equipment when I was in navy and come upon the course telematics. >>> (missing verb/verb tense)
    5) And because of these >>> these what?
    6) relaying my thoughts across people >>> ?
    7) the time when I am in NP >>> (verb tense)
    8) I still problem with presentation >>> (missing verb/verb tense)
    9) Writing skill also need to improve and to be able to write decently. >>> (sentence structure)
    My writing skill also needs to improve, and I need to be able to write decently.
    10) Will learn and take every task or assignment seriously. Improve my English step by step and will gladly learn from you Mr Blackstone. Hope to have a fun and exciting lesson together. >>>
    Where are the subjects of these main verbs (improve, will learn, hope)?

    As you can already see, we will work on the language use issue.

    Let's begin!

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Brad,
      Thanks for taking your time to read through my letter. There are quite a number of error in this letter. I will be making the necessary correction to it. Once again, really appreciate your effort in correcting my mistake for each sentence. May need more of your guidance.

      Warm Regards,
      Kelvert

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summary Analysis - Draft 2